Rabbit Harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boricua_bunny

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a harness for my rabbit,but I found many different types and didn't know which to choose. I wasgiving serious consideration to the one in the photo below, but I wouldlike your opinion. If not, could you guys recommend any good ones?

attachment.php

jordiwes wrote:
I like the one that pebbles uses:

:highfive:

idt5jd.jpg

idt7ie.jpg

Boricua_bunny, I am not sure about that harness you arelooking at. I might be worried about the chokinghazard being just a string like lease around the bunniesneck. I got mine at PetSmart.

Rainbows! :D

I use the one that is used on dogs and cats. Igot the medium size for large buns small size for smaller buns. It iseasier for me to use. The one that pebbles use is great for small sizeslike Pebbles.

click on image to make it larger.

Bunny wrote:
Boricua_bunny, I am not sure about that harness you arelooking at. I might be worried about the chokinghazard being just a string like lease around the bunniesneck. I got mine at PetSmart.

Rainbows! :D

Yes, now that I think about it, it is true. I have seen the ones youuse for Pebbles and am probably going to buy one just like that. Onequestion: what size is best for a mini lop?

~Josh

I think there is small, medium, and large.

Mine is a Medium.Neck size 7" -9"Waist size 9" - 11"

It is still a bitbig on Pebbles, and I have to make sure it is snug on her

as she did slip out of it the first time I put it on her.

I am pretty sure that the store will allow you to exchange or refund, if

the harness doesn't fit.

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I am pretty sure that the store will allow you to exchange or refund, if

the harness doesn't fit.

Rainbows! :)
I am sure they will cause I got one for Abby few years back andI did not like it and it did not fit. Just as long as you have a recipt

I use Hagen Harnesses .. they adjustable and Ifeel they are very secure b/c they have a clip-lock... at petco theyalso have 10' retractable leashesmade for smallanimalsso they can have more run around room.

I use the ferret size one for Vicky shes about ~3lbs

and the rabbit size one for Freddy who is about ~8lbs

%5Chagen%5Cferret_harness.jpg

h269.jpg

I have an harnest if you would like it. Extra can not use for MH. How big is your bun and if you would like to have it pm me.

forgot to add pics of MH in his new harnest. It is like Dajeti's.

I have a blue one similar as this one but smaller. I would not mind sending it to you no charge since it is just sitting here.

I use a roman style harness for mine. Ilike that it takes all pressure away from thier necks and puts it ontheir chest. Mine seem to prefer it to the h-style harness.

Tina

SweetPeasMommies, thank you for the offer, but I have a mini lop and I am not sure if your extra harness will fit him.

Thank You all for your advice. Now I have many styles to choose from that I know other rabbit owners trust.:)

~Josh

:bunnydance:

I have the exact same harness as Pebbles for Emmy.
At first I didn't know if Emmy would like the harness I bought her, butafter sometime she got used to it. It's GREAT for your buns touse.

Take cares

Katy&Emmy

I started w/ an H-style cat harness of the sort w/ an extra strap over the chest attaching the neck & belly loops...

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.a...6&PC=productlist&Nav=199&N=23+126likethis.

It's kindof a PITA, though, because the neck loop is solid, so has tobe slipped over the head (no easy task w/ rabbit ears getting in theway). I have to trance Meat to get her harness on.

I've also got one of these, which I like a lot better:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=11585&N=2001+113845

It fastens on top (bunny steps in, bring up the sides, snap ittogether, & voila! No trancing required), &seems to be more comfy for Meat. Unfortunately, the one I gotis just a little bit too big. I keep meaning to get a similarone at PetsMart that's designed for toy breed dogs, but I haven'tgotten around to it, yet.

I have the one that Pebbles is wearing. Sasharefuses to wear it though. I got it on him ONCE and he threw himselfdown and dragged himself around until he got it off. That was a whileago. I'm going to give it another try and see if he'll accept it. Ifnot, I'll just build him an enclosure for the back yard. He's beenoutside in his cage and he seemed to love it but I want him to be ableto run around :)

Hi! I went yesterday to an Agway store near meto pick up more rabbit food and I noticed they had the Hagen Harnessesthat FreddysMom mentioned, both the ferret and the rabbit ones. I wouldjust like to ask if you guys think that these are a good kind to use.

~Josh

Back