rabbit harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
does anyone here have a harness for there rabbit?
i want to know if is hould get one. we do have dogs,but they dont bother the rabbit at all (but the chase and kill wild ones outside all the time)
if i got a harness i would put the dogs in the house while i was walking the bunny.
and we DO use pestisides around the house and garden. and i can avoid those areas.
the nieghbors dogs also come into the yard. however if i seen a dog come into the yard of course i would scoop up bunny and go back in the house. we also live on a very busy road.
Ryo has been outside in her playpen and she has heard those noisies before. however if a semi truck comes by she acts scared....
anyway...
do you think it would be safe to have a harness for her to walk around in outside rather than me just put her in her pen?
also, isnt it best to walk her around the house in her harness until she gets used to it?
input please

045125622959.jpg

After trying a bunch of others, I settled onthis one for Pipp when she wants to take me out for a hop. Works great! One of the other ones I tried she almost got out of when she was scared by a little dog also on a harness, otherwise could have been disastrous, so you need one that's secure. I also didn't like the ones with buttons or clips on the inside anywhere because they didn't seem like they'd be comfortable. This one has everything on the outside.

Here's a thread about harnesses.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=5210&forum_id=1

I have the harness like the one pictured above and it took her a few days to get used to it but now she does real good on it. I do not ever fully trust it and I have not gotten brave enough to put her down outside. I use it on her inside while I am training her where she is and is not allowed to go. She is doing great on it.

Lilo Has two harnesses.. I just got him a small dog one.. it works pretty good, except he chews on it every now and then.

Ever seen a rabbit get lost in 3 ft of snow? Thank god for black harnesses!!!

:bunnydance::)

Oreo was predominantly black. She would hide under zuchinni and tomato plants, and when we'd search for her, as soon as we'd get close, *ZOOM* bunny would dissapear. With bunny's neon yellow harness, I could walk the rows of the garden going "Where's the bunny, where's the bunny?" in a disarming tone until I could pounce quickly and catch her!

Keep in mind, walking a bunny on a leash is incredibly hard. I'm sure that someone somewhere may have been able to walk bunny up and down the street. I was the only one of the family with the patience to walk bunny around on a leash :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back