rabbit going bald on neck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklezon

Reaction score
a while ago i had a topic on rabbit shedding,and he was shedding on his shoulders, but luckly it grew back in aweek. but now his neck is going bald. ill have to take a picture or ifsomeone else has an example... its not all bald but you can see hisskin a little bit on the back of his neck.. and isn't noticable butenough that it worries me.

ok so this is what he looks like without me petting him...
100_0408.jpg

now when i'm petting him....
100_0407.jpg

100_0405.jpg

I wouldn't be overly concerned unless the area seems sensitive or the skin is flaky.

My Zeke is just like your bun (caster rex) and I just got up to checkhis neck and it looks about the same. My lop, Baxter, is evenmore bald behind the neck! Wildfire not so much, but she hasvery thick fur and it's thinner on her neck but no skin showing.

So I think it's okay.

--Dawn

I was just going to mention that Sheridon went through the same concerns earlier this year.

It seems like rexes get those bare spots more than other breeds whenthe shed. Just keep an eye out for excessive itching or redness, butIts probably normal.

My mini rex has weird patterns in his fur and itget worse when he is shedding. I wouldn't worry to muchunless he starts loosing fur all over or his has flaky skin like wasmentioned.

Back