Rabbit Germs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitsrock_love

Reaction score
Ok, so my friend's daughter came over to play and she played with Snowflake for a while. She put her nose on Snowflake's head and she said "I Want to smell bunny!" Yeah, don't know why she did that...:lookaround:rollseyes(She's 6 years old) And when she went home, after one night, my friend (her mom) said her daughter's stomach hurt and has diarreah!:shock:My friend thinks it's because of the germs on Snowflake and she's blaming me for 'not properly taking care of her daughter' :nope:! Well, can anyone tell me why she suddenly gets sick after playing with Snowflake? (I mean, I never got sick...:?) By the way, any homemade remedies for curing diarreah and stomachache? Thanks and please explain to me why!!!

:anyone:

People who aren't around animals and live in a exceptionally clean home sometimes have no immunity when it comes to animals. For instance, my Uncle's wife's Mother is Italian American and they live in the middle of the country side in Ireland with lot's of animals, their house is clean but not totally spotless. Whenever her brother's and their families come to stay from the States they always get sick with the same thing as the little girl, since they have no pets and their houses smell like bleach they are so clean. So could be the bunny.

Ginger eases stomach aches. Ginger ale, ginger tea, etc.

As for the diahrrea - that usually has to run its course. She should be drinking alot of electrolytes and water to stay hydrated though. Once it's run it's course, eating yogurt will put the probiotics back in her intestines that are needed. Also, dairy clogs my daughter up tight, but not sure that's recommended for a stomach ache and diarrhea until after the bug passes.

I'm sure it's just a stomach bug. There's a billion of them. She probably picked one up by touching something as simple as a handrail. The mom has no right to just go off and accuse you or buns.

I have a compromised immune system and I am always loving and kissing on my rabbits and rabbits at the shelter. I have never gotten sick. I am with Suze, it is probably just a stomach bug and that is wasn't right for that mom to go off on you.

I would recommend keeping your friends child away from your pets to avoid any other issues ;)

luvthempigs wrote:
I would recommend keeping your friends child away from your pets to avoid any other issues ;)
Yeah that. I seriously doubt your bunny had anything to do with the child's illness.

For the record, and I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but Chinese people think all animals are dirty and it's typical for them to think whatever's happened to that child was caused by any contact with your clean pet bunny. :p My mom is the same way.

kirbyultra wrote:
For the record, and I'm not trying to be a smart-fluffybunnybottom or anything, but Chinese people think all animals are dirty and it's typical for them to think whatever's happened to that child was caused by any contact with your clean pet bunny. :p My mom is the same way.
Not really, lots of chinese people where i live raise dogs and cats. One woman has 2 rabbits that are kept outside (most of the time) that are bigger then a puppy! (And i dont think snowflake is dirty!:))

I'm a little OCD with cleaning, and believe me - there's is no way I would allow an animal in my house that wasn't clean!

Granted, mine will live outside primarily, but they will be let in when we get home from work/daycare to run around for a few hours every day. As long as he learns to use his litterbox that is ;)

Latest posts

Back