Rabbit gave birth to a stillborn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skits

Reaction score
I thought I would make a separate thread about this.

Yesterday I went down to check up on Susie. She was 30 days yesterday. As I went down I noticed there was some blood spotting in her nest so figured she was about to give birth but didn't seem in labor or anything. I went upstairs and when I went back down she had given birth to a very tiny stillborn. She had half eatenit so I let her be and presumed she would give birth soon. Sat next to her cage for a couple hours to make sure she was ok, she did nothing but hop around and dig in corners of her cage. I left her alone, and checked on her at6 this morning. She was doingfine, and even carried her towel into her nest box. Went to check onher 3 hours later and she started pulling out er fur to make her nest.

Was it normal for her to have a stillborn and not be in labor afterwards? I think she's going to have a large litter as her belly is very big and round. She's not showing any signs of pain or labor so I'm hoping it's just a late miscarriage. Also will it affect her unborn babies? It's my first litter and I'm worried about her. :(

Latest posts

Back