Rabbit food rabbit What to buy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buneary49

Reaction score
What have you been feeding Buneary? Also, how old is he? I thought he was already home with you..

Jessica

I always suggest Oxbow pellets, you can buy them from PetSmart or order them online. You can also go to The Bunny Basics in Scottsdale to get them. I'd feed Oxbow 15/23 (alfalfa pellets), since your bunny is young.

undergunfire is right. A lot of us like the Oxbow pellets (some do not, but many do) because they are often the highest fiber, lowest protein pellet you can find. Those foods with goodies in them, by which I assume you mean bits of dried veggies/fruit, seeds, nuts, or colored pellets, are not good for your bunny. They don't have enough fiber and have too many proteins and carbs. Seeds and nuts are in general a no-no for rabbits--they're not good for their sensitive GI tracts. The best bet is a pellet made mostly of hay. With your bun's age, an alfalfa-based pellet is best. When he becomes an adult, you can switch to timothy hay pellets. There are also a few good "feed store" alfalfa pellets, like some by Purina--I like the Hi-Fiber Lab diet, which you may or may not be able to find, and many here like their green bag stuff.

Back