"Rabbit" Flooring Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
My husband and I want to put hardwood flooringin theupstairs of our home. We'd liketo have our rabbits in their x-pens during the day--which would give them 24/7 accessto our floors. (Our one bun can't be caged;she refuses to usea litter box within one.)

We're looking atpre-engineered and solid flooringbut have reservations as to pet messes on wood. All our "kids" are potty-trained but spill water and have occasional urine issues due to butt-overhang. (They chew/eat towels;we can't put down fabric materialas protective covering.) Plus, our cat tends to vomit rather frequently.

Does anyone manage to keep rabbits on hardwood floors 24/7? If so, how does spilled water/urine affect your flooring--especially if you can't get to it for 9-11 hours due to being at work?

Thank you,

Jenk

We use the plastic mats that are sold to put under your desk to protect the carpet for the bottom of our cage. Incredibly easy to clean, and you can cut it pretty easily enough to size it.

amundb wrote:
We use the plastic mats that are sold to put under your desk to protect the carpet for the bottom of our cage. Incredibly easy to clean, and you can cut it pretty easily enough to size it.
So do I! Well now it is under carpet but yea love it! Worked even for chew happy Elvis.

amundb wrote:
We actually have two chair mats, but I fear that they'd chew on the edges of them.

You can size the run so they can't reach the edges of the mat...just make it really long or something. Our mats are pretty hard, and they've never showed any interest in chewing on the edges. They like to lay on them in the summer, it's much cooler than the carpet.

Ditto Elvis is a chew freak and he hasn't.

Latest posts

Back