Rabbit Feed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haricnair

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm too a new Pet Rabbit owner and looking to get Timothy Hay for them.
I'm from Kerala and searched everywhere for it throughout kerala the final result was nothing but nowhere available. I tried some US websites and their shipping costs are many multiples of the product. So I'm asking your guidance to get Timothy Hay to Kerala. If there is any online shop let me know that too. Email me.

Thank you

Are there any horse barns or stables near you? Horses and rabbits are very similar when it comes to nutrition. Horse hay is generally suitable for rabbits. If you can find a good place, you might be able to buy a couple bales. High end horse places aren't going to risk their horses over cheap hay, so you should be able to get good stuff. You might need to travel a bit, but if you can get a couple bales, it should last a while.

First off, welcome to RO!

In some countries Timothy hay simply isn't common. Most grass hays are very similar nutritionally, so you might try checking for another grass hay like bermuda or orchard grass.

Legume hays like alfalfa are generally considered to be too high in protein for mature rabbits.

Good luck!

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread over to the Nutrition part of the forum since this question is about what foods to feed your rabbit.

Some good advice from Korr_and_Sophie about looking for a horse stable. But even local grass hay will be fine. In Australia, timothy hay is horribly expensive as well and many rabbit owners feed oat hay as it is readily available and not over priced.

Any grass hay will be good for rabbits. There are many different types of grass hays. Brome, orchard, timothy, and many local hays are all suitable.

-Dawn

Thank you for all. Here in Kerala (India) I can only find Paddy Hay(For Cows) Ordering from US websites are costing around Rs: 3000 (~ $65)as shipping charges for 10 pounds. I don't know its expensive to buy Timothy hay for $65 shipping charges alone for 10 pound like this since I don't know how many days this 10Pound Hay will last for.

So Rabbit lovers, let me know how many days a 10 Pound hay will last for. If its only for 4 or 5 day then its much costly for me.

Once again thank you all.

Latest posts

Back