Rabbit Feed Changes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribble

Reaction score
I know that abrupt feed changes can cause diarrhea in rabbits. However, what is meant by abrupt feed changes? If they were to be on one rabbit feed but then be switched to another that they've been on before, will it cause the same effects? I don't think there's much of a difference between feeds. One is Manna Pro Sho or something and the other is Producers Pride. My main concern is with the baby rabbits, who are 6 weeks in a few days.

Just mix the two feeds and gradually increase the amount of new feed until they are just having that. Some rabbits are absolutely fine with changing diets, some get really sick, so to change completely in one day could be risky.

Just mix the two feeds and gradually increase the amount of new feed until they are just having that. Some rabbits are absolutely fine with changing diets, some get really sick, so to change completely in one day could be risky.

I'll probably just get the same feed again this time. They are extremely low and Manna Pro had a coupon haha. I'll get em next time

Back