Rabbit Feed: Best Brand?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whaleyk98 wrote:
I use purina show for my ELs and they are doing well. Im not sure what you mean by smaller bags but I wouldnt buy any of those little bags for my guys as they are not of good quality. I prefer the big bags of feed from a feed store.
Like the smaller bags of feed...like the one I mentioned in the first post of this thread - that brand. But also, I am just spitting out what I have been told...Nutrena and Purina may be better brands than what I am feeding my guy now, I don't know...I just didn't want to buy a 15lb bag for just one rabbit...I prefer to get the smaller bags so that he'll always get fresh food.

Kitty88 wrote:
I've been feeding Chloe Zupreem Nature's Promise Timothy pellets for about three months now.
Oh! And I was wondering about timothy pellets too...I can't remember what brand it was, but I remember seeing a bagof timothy pellets at my local pet store...was wondering if they were any good or not :?Also, why give them timothy pellets when they are already getting timothy hay?

Daenerys wrote:
What do you guys think about the brand FortiDiet? Its what we feed my bun bun, Basil...

http://www.kaytee.com/products/kaytee-fortidiet-pro-health-rabbit-adult.php

I also give him Timothy Hay from this company, its all natural, nothing added....

I give him salad sometimes too
hmmm I don't reckon I've seen that bag before...though I am very familiar with the brand considering that I have given him Kaytee Timothy Hay before...and my bun prefers Oxbow over Kaytee...anyways, maybe someone else will be able to give you a heads up on the FortiDiet.

They sell it in 10 pound bags at the pet store for a good price, and thats why I buy him that...

I might try him with oxbow timothy hay next time I need to buy him some, though I haven't really looked at other rabbit food brands.

BrittsBunny wrote:
Kitty88 wrote:
She'll completely ignore something if she doesn't want it, and she dislikes cabbage so much that she pees on it if you put it in her cage. :/
I'm sorry, but when I read that I bursted out laughing! :laugh:

Yeah, Chloe can be quite the discerning consumer. She also pulls cleaning supplies out of my hands when I try to clean her cage and tosses her toys at you off the top level of her cage if you rearrange anything, or refill her water bottle or anything silly like that. She's pushy.

But on the subject of Timothy pellets, they're made out of ground up timothy hay and veggies with vitamins and fatty acids added without and soy or wheat. They have everything she needs with a higher fiber count, which works out for us well since she'd much rather eat a small bowl of pellets and nosh on her parsley and chicory all day.

Latest posts

Back