rabbit eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buns nd roses

Reaction score
recently i have noticed the edges of his eyes become wet. he seems fine dont no wat to do.

Hunni bun this is the place to post introductions - that question would belong in either general rabbit chat or if it becomes more serious in the infimary - this place is for introductions!!
xxx

Hi, love thename Buns nd Roses!

(Love the name Bruce, too!)

How watery do Bruce's eyes get?Is it oneeye more than another, or both the same? Can you see any white discharge or isit clear? It could be an infection that requires antibiotic eye drops or other treatment.

Has he ever had any teeth problems? Has he been eating less than usual,eating more slowly or only eating certain things? That could indicate a tooth issue.

Have you changed his hay or pellets lately? Some bunnies get allergies from dust.

You're going to have to try and get to the bottom of why hiseyes are watering.Because bunnies are prone to eye infections and hard to spot dental, ear and jaw abscesses, it may be best to have him checked out by a vet.

Here's a link to the section on Eye problems in our Library:

Eye Problems

Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon.

sas :clover:

i'm posting this on behalf of buns nd roses becuase he has really cliked with the forum and cant find his way around yet i am talking to him right now ahd he has just said:
it looks wet and like its been blown back by a hairdryer about 1cm round the eye - i asked him to give as much detail as he could but thats all he said.
If anyone can help I can pass on the information - he is really worried.

bruce is showing signs of improvement since we have been giving him eye drops. fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Back