Rabbit Eczema?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigoStorm

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a one year old Satin Angora. When I first got her, she had a bald spot on the back of her neck with a wound in the center of it. The person who previously owned her told me that it was an injury from the rabbit who lived in the same cage as her. It healed up but the bald spot remained. Yesterday while I was petting her ears I felt a rough spot and looked and she had some scabs on the back of her ears. I began searching her body and found that the bald spot she has was scabby and dry as well. I found another spot that was bald and dry and scabby as well.
Can rabbits get eczema? Because that's what it looks like. Or is this something else? Should I be worried?

Thanks

I would take her to the vet just in case it was some type of parasite, you definitely would want to treat her either way.

It may be a mite of some kind. I would have a vet take a look at it so they can determine what's going on and give the right meds. The wound could have gotten infected and turned into an abscess, or it could be fur mites that have moved to the ears. Fur mites often start at the nape of the neck.

Latest posts

Back