rabbit eating fine but no poos or pees overnight!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxysmummy

Reaction score
I put maxxy in his new NIC cube cage with some hay and some watercress.

i came out to check on him this morning and he has no poops or pees but has eaten his watercress and is happily munching on his pellets i gave him this morning.

what do i do? is it urgent?

THANK HELL HE STARTED POOPING AGAIN.

I gave him a tummy massage then all of a sudden he hopped out of his cage and did poops in the litter box. i am seriously so happy because this is the second time that tummy massage has made a massive difference in him. first time he had really mini poops and was not eating, i massaged him for about 5 minutes and he ate again.

seriously i can not stress how amazing something as simple as massage can be

Go maxxy!

It's so funny cheering for poop. I had the same experience today with my bun bun. After 3 days of no poop (and eating) she finally came around.

I would guess that he didn't poop because he was in a new environment ...
needing to acclimate himself to his new home and not feeling really comfortable yet.

I am glad that you have the "art" of bunny massage down so well :)

im rabbit poo obsessed. at least once a day i pick them up, look over them, have a sniff to check everything is all good... non rabbit owners must think im crazy :p

ok guys, help, it happeneed again! i went out this morning and his fresh litter tray was all wet with wees but NO poos... i gave him another tummy massage, he is eating fine but what do i do?

could it be constipation?

I don't know. :confused2:
Are you saying there is no poop for the entire day and last night ?

Ihave several rabbits that do not poop very much all day long but in the evening when they are more active and are eating more will begin pooping up a storm.
It is just normal for them and soI don't worry about it.

Just a thought which may not apply here....:confused2:

How is he?

he didnt poop over night one night but was eating fine, i gave him a massage and he pooped up a storm during the day, thought everything was fine but he did no poops last night. he is still eating happily, i gave him some pineapple to encourage him to try and poo...

his water consumption has been INSANE lately, drinking at least 2 - 3 bottles a day... hrmmmm

i should also add, the first night he didnt poo we had moved him into a new cage.

the second night he didnt poo we ALSO moved him into an even never cage (we built another one with NIC cubes... and gave the one he was in the previous night to our other bun)

I think that he is reacting to changes in his environment.

Pineapple juice is a good idea, massage is a good idea , maybe some fresh wet greens is good..

he is not actually in stasis if he is eating normally and looks fine .

I wonder why he is drinking so much though :?

keep tabs on that...

I actually think that he will poop soon and that he is just stressed our from moving to new homes.

yay he pooped again after a prolonged massage session.

if it happens another night i think i may take him to the vet. is it possible he has a blockage or something or would it just be stress related?

If you can get some plain canned pumpkin to give, that would be a good idea as well. Are the poos normal shape or mishapen?Normally, if there's a blockage, there is no poop at all. This sounds hopeful:). (Usually too, the mushy poos happen under stress of being moved, which you're not having, so in that case it may not be a stress issue, just saying.)

Push as much hay as you can, maybe a bit less pellets. Keep an eye on the water intake and Maureen already mentioned. Let's hope they keep coming even if it's slow going.;)

they have unlimited hay, i only feed them about 2/3s of a cup of oxbow pellets, try and give green leafy veggies where i can... (lately theyve had watercress and rocket)

annoying thing is i've JUST run out of hay >.< bah!

the first time after he hadnt pooed for a while his poos looked bigger than normal and slightly mishapen, but still had the same colour, consistancy and smell as normal

the poos he's been doing today since the timmy massage have been perfectly normal.

maxysmummy wrote:
annoying thing is i've JUST run out of hay >.< bah!
Oh dear. It's esp good to push mostly hay during times like these. The pumpkin will help as well as it's high in fiber, like hay. I would try and get some asap. Continue what's been working, the tum massages.:)

How is your bunny doing?

If this happens again, give your bunny some apple. Apple is really good for constipation. It sounds like your bunny is going through constipation.

My female rabbit, Sweetie, has constipation every year or so, and I give her some apple and she is fine. I also take her to the vet to make sure that she is okay.

Definitely push the hay, anything that is safe for rabbits that is high in fiber. That will help also.

Latest posts

Back