Rabbit costs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the type of rabbits, where you get it from, it's history, age (sometimes), lots of things.

I have bought some from the same breeder and each rabbit cost a different amount depending on the bunnies 'qualities'.

Sparky was free and I paid $20 for Scooter. I got both of them from different 4-H kids.

Both my guys cost me $20. That being said, I have spent hundreds if not thousands on them in the last couple years.

All my rabbits have been between £10 and £25. Oddly enough, the £10 ones were the pedigree show rabbits from a good local breeder, and the £25 one was a cross from a pet shop! The breeder said she knew she could get more for them but she didn't believe in people having to pay silly prices for a good rabbit.

The real cost comes later. I have probably spent over a £1000 on them this year. I have upgraded most of my hutches though, so that's where most of that cost was.

Tulla was $50, already spayed from a rescue. Ivory was nothing, same rescue. Phillip was $35, neutered, animal shelter.

Hi Buttercup was free but I made my husband give the guy $5.00 for him, my mother always said it was bad luck to get a pet for free so I made sure we paid for him. Wilbur & Jackie were $50.00 eachfrom a pet store and Daisy Mae "Dutchess of Ajax" was $65.00 also from a petstore. But like everyone else said the vet costs after you get them really add up, but as I feel they are like my children money is no object.

Susan:bunnydance:

Ringo was $49.99 + tax

Samantha was a gift

Connor $39.99+ tax

Teresa was free

Dallas was $60 but my mom paid that

Elvis was $23.99+ tax

Not counting food, spay and neuter, vets, and so on.

my baby was FREE!!!!!!! got her off of craigslist, and they wanted an adoption fee of 20.00 but after corresponding with the lady and meeting her she said no fee, she just wanted to make sure that the bunny was going to a good home :)

Korr was $15 at a petstore. He was not fixed and had to pay for vet visit.

Sophie was $45 at the humane society. She was fixed and we got a free vet visit.

monthly costs $30 -$50 depending on what i buy.

The reason why I asked was I just wanted to see the different prices in different countries etc. Bracon was £4! Dont u think that just encourages more people to buy rabbits beecaue there "cheap"

Maisie: $20 from my one of my daughter's friends at her last school

Flower: Rescue, thus free

Trixie: about $200 (she would have been free, minus the cost to fly her here from NY)

The lionheads: $85 (though, as with Trixie, that's the flying cost.) :)

Mine cost £35 each 3 years ago. The breeder is now selling hers for £45.

I agree that the cheaper they are the more likely they will encourage the wrong sort of buyer. But a responsible breeder can sell them cheaply if they check the buyers thoroughly. In my opinion pet stores shouldn't be allowed to sell them at all and clearly if they sell them cheap parents are more likely to buy them for their children.

Bandit was Free. Got him from a friend that him and his brother. (They woudln't get along)

Holly I paid $30 from a breeder. But then her spay cost me around $300ish.

Luckily I got Bandit and he was already neutered!

But I've spoiled them rotten since I've got them both.

I paid for Smitten's spay. That was $100. The rescue didn't charge me the adoption fee.

Goobie's adoption fee was $35 from a shelter. She was too young to be spayed. I paid $350 for her spay.

Peter was adopted from the same rescue as Smitten but they did not charge me for the adoption. I had lost Simon, whom I also adopted from the same rescue, a month earlier. They felt bad that I had adopted a sick rabbit from them. The shelter paid for his neuter before he placed in the rescue.

Sawyer was free. Iobtained himfrom a client who had obtained him from his original owner. His original owner was trying to return him to the pet store. The petstorewon't take him back. I paid $212 for his neuter.

Berri was £25 ($50 US), from a Pet Shop, in 2004. (There were other breeds there too that were cheaper, but because Berri was a rex she was a more expensive

Pebble and Ebony were free obviously.

Madison was £30 ($60 US)from a Pet Shop (there were Dutches there at the same time as her, that were only £20)

Mallory and Morgan: $20 from Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue, already neutered.
Madilyn: $30 from a breeder + $40 in gas to get to the breeder + $100 for her spay = $170
Marlin: $20 from a breeder + $40 in gas to get to the breeder = $60

plus food, housing, toys, ect, but my babies are worth it :).

Back