Quantcast

Rabbit circling me

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Helix5

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 1.5 year old fixed mini rex named Helix. I have started noticing over this past month that my rabbit will run in circles around me. He gets free roam time for hours each day and He typically stays in a large carpeted room. I have started noticing, that if I leave the room to do school work and then come back in the room, my bunny will sprint over to me the moment I enter the room, and run in circles around me making a low grunting sound for about 5ish minutes. Then he will do bunny 500's and lots of binkying. After that, he runs around me a few more times and lays down to relax. Is this behavior normal for a bunny to circle you? I just want to make sure he's not stressed. Thanks! :)

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Usually it's a mating thing with unaltered hormonal rabbits. But since yours is neutered, it just means he's really excited and happy to see you. Not all bunnies will react with such exuberance, but there's nothing bad or wrong about it and is actually kind of nice to know they like you so much.

john.thorpe1952

Reaction score
You should feel very proud and honoured that he thinks so much of you!As the other comments,it's a mating display to show off how fit and 'butch' he is to his partner.My male does it to his beloved mate,and though he's neuteredhe still likes to go through the motions!She seems to appreciate the display of affection anyway.The grunting is a pleasure communication and shows that he either thinks the world of you or thinks you're another rabbit-either way a great compliment!

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
We have several sp/eutered indoor house companions who do this. One of our boys loved his rescue dad in particular and would hum and circle his feet most amorously. Our harlequin spayed female will do this to show affection also.