Rabbit breed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittanyandFruFru

Reaction score
dddd.jpg

- Can anyone tell me what breed of rabbit this is? I purchased him at a pet shop and they couldn't tell me. Its a male, about 7 months old.

He'd be big for a Holland Lop but there are Hollands that pass the standard weight. I want to say a Mini Lop. :)

Blaze_Amita wrote:
i was thinking mini lop, his head doesn't look large hollandish to me, i've had a couple large hollands out of my litters.

lol well he is from a pet store. Not all hollands are bred for the proper showy head. :biggrin:His shoulders looked hollandy to me for some reason... and he looks kinda small to me.XD I dont know why. It would be easier to tell if he was sitting normally and not hunched over and eating food. lol

but yeah, like i said mini lop is a definate possibility.

It could definatly be a Holland. It actually has more of the Holland look to it. Look at how short it's ears are. I have some mini's that have short ears, but most of them, especially anything that would end up in a pet store, would have longer ears.

This is what they taught us in 4H, Hollands ears are the shortest, they can only go 1/4 inch below their chins, Mini Lops ears touch the table, French Lops will fold over on the table, and English Lops ears are at least 2 feet long.

It's not that hard to tell the difference when you use that as a reference.

This rabbit also looks like it weighs maybe 5 lbs at most. Most Mini Lops, especially anything that would wind up at a pet store are going to be at least 6 lbs. I do have a doe that is registered at 4.12 lbs, but that is very unusual for Mini's to be so small. It is more likely to be a BUB Holland, that has gone to the 4+ Lbs line....

Melinda

Back