Rabbit Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@rabbitmummy

Reaction score
My two rabbits have lived separately for years due to fighting and false mating as they're both un neutered females. Today I put them together in the shed to run around with each other and give the. A second change even though I was expecting the chasing to happen but nothing happened. So I left them together un supervised all day and they're both fine!

So. Was thinking of re-bonding them and buying them a bigger hutch to live together...
Any tips?

Thanks😊

If they're still not fixed, it's quite risky to let them live together unsupervised much of the time - hormones are irrational (think "stereotypical extreme PMS"); they could get along just fine for days, weeks or even longer and then one day get into a horrible hormone-induced fight where one or both ends up seriously injured (or even killed). Their hormones probably aren't as bad as they were when they were younger, but they *are* still there and can still provoke aggressive behavior out of the blue ><

If they're still not fixed, it's quite risky to let them live together unsupervised much of the time - hormones are irrational (think "stereotypical extreme PMS"); they could get along just fine for days, weeks or even longer and then one day get into a horrible hormone-induced fight where one or both ends up seriously injured (or even killed). Their hormones probably aren't as bad as they were when they were younger, but they *are* still there and can still provoke aggressive behavior out of the blue ><

Hmmm, they've lived together for two years maybe I should keep them separate and just let them run round the shed during the day?! Thanks&#128515;

Back