rabbit bolding on neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilbilly534

Reaction score
so i noticed over the past month that my lion head rabbit has been kinda bolding on his neck.. he's not showing any sign of being sick or anything.. ill take him to the vet if this looks serious but I'm kinda low on money and the vet is really expensive. heres a pic

IMG_1539.jpg

Hey lovely... this looks like mites... you need to take him to the vet.
Is he insured? Best thing I ever did getting my bunny insured!

If you can't afford a vet, for mites, you could get Revolution for cats. Its over the counter. But you have to get the dosage right. Here's a link online about it. (don't use frontline because it will kill rabbits very toxic)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqNwCCRSq8[/ame]

The other thing it could be is ringworm which is a fungus. For ringworm you need a fungicide and people have said they use athletes foot creme, but if you do that make sure you do your own research and look it up and see if its toxic.

One good thing about going to the vet, is hopefully they would be able to look at a skin scraping under the microscope and see what it is.

You could also use google "rabbit ringworm" and "rabbit mites" and look at the google images to try and figure out which one it is.

Also, I can't tell in the picture but how does the skin look? is it flakey, or red, or bumpy?

If the skin has no flakes and is perfectly healthy it could be over grooming by the rabbit itself or another rabbit.

you rabbit is a lionhead. lionheads naturally have lighter fur on the back of the neck. often times you can see the skin because it is so light.

yes he's a lion head. thanks! i took him to the vet and they game me an ointment to put on it.. the vet said he was just molting season

Latest posts

Back