rabbit being silly or being a brat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekobunny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thumper is a funny little bun. She seems to go through phases where she won't let me pick her up and runs away, and then times where she's crazy attention-seeking. The times where I noticed she was doing that false pregnancy thing she would not let me touch her before she built nests, and as soon as she figured out she wasnt preggers she would resume being affectionate. Now she won't let me go! She seems to want to climb up my legs all the time and she doesn't run around my feet but she just parks herself between then and sometimes tugs and nibbles my pants, or sits on her hind legs. I've heard about the whole affection/hormones thing, I'm not sure if it's this or not because she isnt really running around or making noises. Should I oblige her and pick her up or just ignore her? I love the attention but not all the time!!

Any thoughts guys? :rabbithop

Sounds like she's quite bonded to you.

:biggrin2:

yea i think so i really love her and we have fun together but I do have to work a lot at my computer and when i let her out to run around she tends to try and dig at my pants and sometimes even nips my legs... it hurt last night :( i put her back in her pen for a time out.

My bun does this if my legs are in his way. Really, I'm just sitting on the couch normally and he can easily get around them, but for whatever reason he decides they're in his way so he'll bump with his head, then dig, then nip. At this point, I've just learned to pick my feet up once he gets to the digging stage. Haha. It is a little annoying though, so I know how you feel! But it's pretty common bunny behavior.

Back