Rabbit being less active

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterfeet

Reaction score
A few weeks ago we almost lost Remi to a very bad case of G.I. stasis that went on and off for about a week and a half (It was just terrible). She is almost 2 years old and predisposed to G.I. stasis. Prior to the last crisis, she was very active, but after she recovered from it, she is not as active (she still somewhat active though), she is also nicer and a little more mellow. I'm just a little concerned about this. She eats, drinks and poops normally. My vet says that she seems pretty healthy now (nothing bad on her blood work and x-ray after the stasis). So I wonder if she still recovering from her last crisis.
Have you guys noticed a changed in activity level after your bunnies got really sick? or something like that?

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this or if is just normal.:?

I think it's probably just a normal part of her recovery process. A rough bout of stasis can result in loss of body condition as well so she might just not have the energy right now. As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping normally, I wouldn't worry.

I have never had a bunny with Stasis but have had other issues that required an injectable antibiotic. I am guilty of over watching my buns. Even after they are eating better, drinking normal, & pooing good, I am too watchful of something, they don't play with this toy or run to the refrig door.

Even when we get a cold, it takes extra time after you feel better to return to a normal routine.

Every time one of ours doesn't gobble their treats or acts a little off, I go into the "Fret and Worry" mode. Sometimes they have an "off" morning and by afternoon they are back to normal, for them anyway. Just in our nature to worry about our loved buns.

I especially watch over Remi since she has gotten sick many times, so anything that is different from her normal behavior makes me go into the "worry mode".
Hopefully she'll go back to her Super Active/Racer Bunny mode

Latest posts

Back