Rabbit bday and show date

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
I have a buck who will be exactly 8MTHS on a show date. He is a smaller guy so he cant yet compete with the srs. Can I still enter him as an intermediate?
If he were to get a leg..would arba take it as an intermediate leg?

I have ENGLISH LOPS :)
Thanks
Misty

Yes I read that. However I am hearing mixed answers from breeders..So thought I would post here. Plus the standard says 6-8mths of age..SO technically I am thinking or reading it..they can be ints until 8mths then srs. So if on the bday..i wsa thinking maybe still int..LOL but perhaps not

I'm leaning towards 8 months being INT, 8 months 1 day being SR. Fortunately, I've never crossed this. Close once, when a buck seniored the day AFTER the show, but mine usually hit senior weight before age anyway.

I would ask Pam on here, I'm sure she'll have a straight answer.

The Standard glossary defines intermediate as "under" 8 months of age (exact wording is: A rabbit 6 months of age and under 8 months of age . . .") So, on the day the rabbit turns 8 months, it would be a senior and the leg wouldn't be valid if the rabbit was entered in an intermediate class.

Back