Rabbit ate I think a whole potato today and yesterday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
So my parents love to have the potatoes on the floor in the kitchen. I always remove it and there’s been a couple times where he takes a nip but I remove it as soon as I see him but this time since I’ve been busy I can’t always see what he gets to. I saw him bite some potato yesterday and there was multiple potatoes that had been bitten. I think it was atleast a whole potato worth of biting and the same thing today and I expressed to my mom please stop putting the potato sack on the floor and she ignores me. He was fine yesterday and I monitored him and his poos were fine and today he ate so many bites that I don’t even know what to do. I’m making sure he has water and hay but I’m super worried. What do I do?

Potatoes are high in starch. He might feel gross for a few days lol. It will spike glucose levels, therefore giving more energy (like sugar) it can lead to overheating and weight gain as well. Just keep an eye on him and offer LOTS of water and hay, the hay will help move the food in his gut and water will help avoid overheating.

Potatoes are high in starch. He might feel gross for a few days lol. It will spike glucose levels, therefore giving more energy (like sugar) it can lead to overheating and weight gain as well. Just keep an eye on him and offer LOTS of water and hay, the hay will help move the food in his gut and water will help avoid overheating.
Keep monitoring him. Offer him lots of hay and water, he should be ok!
He’s doing good. No issues at all thanks guys

Back