Rabbit age?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Number1Sticky

Reaction score
How can I tell the age of my rabbit?

Long story short, I work at a pet store and someone decided to drop a bunny off at our back door. So me and a co-worker decided we would keep her.

She is a calico mini rex, freaking adorable!!! She only weighs 3lbs. We do plan on taking her to the vet soon, as soon as we get the money.

But I was wondering if there is a way to determine the age of her?

Unfortunately the ever-growing teeth of rabbits make it very difficult to determine how old they are. If she's not done growing that would give you an idea and if you have her spayed your vet may be able to give you an estimate on whether she's young or older based on that, but otherwise it's pretty challenging.

It can be difficult to pin point age for a rabbit. After about 6 months, they are considered adults and don't really grow much. With dogs and cats, the teeth are a good indication, mostly due to the condition of the teeth. Rabbits have constantly growing teeth, so they are not reliable for guessing age. General condition of the rabbit can be one indication though.

A vet might be able to give a guess, but it won't be too specific. They could say 6 months to 1 year, 2 years, etc.

I have this dilemma with Sophie. I have no idea how old she is:(

Latest posts

Back