Rabbit Abandoned!! Please Read.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopntailrabbitry

Reaction score
I am steaming angree right now :grumpy:I don't know why sombody just let a rabbit loose in my yard! Here is the story.....

Just abouttwo hoursago...I decided that I wanted to tattoo my rabbits again,because I knew they needed to be reattoo'd again. Anyways I went into my barn,trying to get the transport cage out so I can tattoo the rabbits.

Now, when I'm in the barn I always looks behind to see if anybody is by the door, now I always have to door open when I go into the barn. So, while I was trying to get the carrier out I seen a rabbit loose, by the door wanting to come! When I seen the rabbit I said Oh My God!!! I thought one of my own rabbits gotten out,but I realized the rabbit had straight up ears,and I only have one rabbit with those kind of ears;and I knew she was inside.

So,then I went up to the rabbit trying to catch it. It ran under the barn!So, that's when I yelled my mom to come outside and she said "what"?;I said a rabbit is loose!And she thought it was one of ours,and I said no, it isn't. So, then I gotten food for it and put it my the shed where the rabbit was,and I ran to get an empty cage.

Every single time when the rabbit came out and when I was trying to catch it, it will go under the shed. So, then finally after about 5 minutes trying to catch it, the rabbit finally just stood by the food just watching me. So,then I went really really slow trying to put the wire on the rabbit and I finally caught the rabbit.

When I finally caught the rabbit I called my mom out again. I looked the rabbit to make sure it was ok. Of course the rabbits paws are really gross, the nails have never been cut!

And when the rabbit was in the cage, I put shavings in the cage and gave it some hay and water.

And I looked in my ARBA standard book to see what breed it is and I can't tell...some the pictures are on the bottom, please give me some advice of what breed it is.

Here are the pictures...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/Reliant601/100_1049.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/Reliant601/100_1050.jpg

Please give me any advice! I never had this problem before. *cries*

I am not sure of the breed, but, oh, wow....how cute though :biggrin2:!

Will you be keeping it?

Aw, poor bunny, and well done to you for managing to capture it (for future reference as hard as it sounds, a net is very effective).

It might be that the bun just escaped from a hutch (we have two bunnies that are good at that), so it might be worth calling your local vets to see if anyone has reported a missing bunny, and maybe put some flyers up too.

But if no one comes forward you need to decide what you want to do, i.e. keep it, or not. It's not easy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks,

I didn't have a net. lol And I didn't want to leave it because we have bears and we live on a main road. But the wire was from a rabbit cage, where the bunny is in.

A couple of people do know that we raise rabbits. And I was home alone, and my mom said she seen somebody riding a bike and they had a milk crate with wood on top if it. So, we have no idea. And nobody just drops off a rabbit at my house though.

I'm going to keep it for now, I would like to put up flyers.

I think what I'm going to do is get newspaper and look at the Lost & Found to see if anybody lost a rabbit. If not then I guess I will keep it. I was thinking selling at the fair, but I couldn't and my mom was thinking of showing it next year at our fair. But I have no idea what I'm doing...

Good work catching him! Hes very lucky to be safe now. He looks like he might be a New Zealand? Hes very cute!

And Flashy is right, for anyone reading this, if you ever have to catch a bunny outside your best bet is a minnow net :)

It took me weeks to catch my boy Mr. Tumnus, so good job catching this one straight away!

I would ask around to your neighbors to be sure he didnt justescape, but more than likely he was probably set "free" :(

Do you have a rabbit rescue organization in your area? A local humane society? Unwanted and Dumped rabbits happen frequently when people care little about them. I'm not into specific breeds, - I connect more on personality - however s/he reminds me of a medium sized white rabbit. Best of luck to that poor bun.

Oh I know.

We actually do have a rabbit rescue in our area and they are picking up the bunny. But some is wrong with it, it's a buck, but it had like stiches and some else was there that didn't seem right,something that wasn't suppose to be there. Maybe it was fixed,but I don't think it was.

Could be a mixed breed, but does resemble a chocolate himalayan colored Mini Satin.

(Are the eyes red? What does the coat feel like? How much does the rabbit weigh?)

Rabbits are a social animal, and it is not unusual for feral rabbits to attempt contact with caged rabbits.

Pam

Updated on Lucky!!! The stitches that was on him they were from somebody trying to fix him by themselves!! And the black thing was his testicle that was all hard! I miss him soo much.:XAnd that is horrible how somebody did that my themselves. :grumpy:

OMG I just read your last post and was almost sick reading it. Maybe someone should do the same thing to the sicko who did that to this poor bunny.

Are you going to end up keeping him, he's adorable.

Susan:bunnydance:

Well, samehere I really want to find the previous owners of Lucky, that's the vets can even try to find them. Lucky is now at a rabbit rescue and he is having surgery Thurs. But I would love to adopt him though,but the 14 rabbits I have now and more on the way, I have to ask my parents if we can adopt him.

Latest posts

Back