r.i.p rocky

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittermomma

Reaction score
We lost our bun rocky today. Still in shock. Not sure what happened, we have had him and his sis Delilah for a little over a month. All last night and this morning he was his happy hay eating self. Then a few hrs ago I noticed him slump over in the cage. Breathing and ear twitching but not being able to hold up his head or move much... sadly within 30 minutes whatever it was had run its course and he made his way to heaven.

SDC18867.jpg

That's really sad. :( Very sorry for your loss.
A similar thing happened to my friend in the past and she couldn't figure out what went wrong. The bunny was fine and after what seemed like only 30 minutes, he had passed.

I'm so sorry! The only sure way to know what took your precious Rocky is a necropsy. I'm sorry to mention it but if you have other bunnies or thinking of a future bunny you might want to consider it. Rocky was a very lovely bun! Hope the pain of Rocky's death will ease for you & all of Rocky's companion animals/bunny. I know you will miss him terribly. Cyberhugs.

Sorry for your loss. As a precaution, you might want to take Delilah in for a check up and let them know what happened. Best wishes.

Thanks, Delilah has a clean bill of health. I was up all night with her last night as she was not eating much. She is finally eating better and hopping around more. Last night she would just stay in their spot and would flip around :( I kept taking her out and just held her and talked to her and she would perk up some. Vet said Rocky was very healthy as of yet they don't know why he passed. But the symptoms I told them they said it could've been something called head tilt?

Back