Quiet "honking" noise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah92lynn

Reaction score
My Lilly bun likes to play with my hair (when I have it down and I'm sitting with her she will run under my hair and start playing with it) and the other night I discovered she makes a really quiet honking noise while she's doing it. Once I heard it for the first time I realized she does it a lot! While she's jumping, playing with a blanket, etc so I'm guessing this is a happy sound? It's so cute!
:inlove:

Hmm, I have recently heard the same from my rabbit but when circling. Of course my Conan is probably doing it out of hormones but I mention it cause he does it so quietly as it almost unnoticeable. He's also done the noise when fighting not to be picked up.

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why Lilly is doing it then...she isn't spayed yet and she was circling my feet tonight. But since I heard it while she was playing I thought it might have just been a happy noise.

But the grunting noise she makes when she's mad sounds completely different...I dunno all I know is it's darn cute!

Yeah, it's a hormonal thing and means they REALLY like you. It's pretty cute though when they do it :)

Well I guess it's good that she really likes me...she's always been a silly rabbit. A few months back we had a birthday party for my nephew and we had balloons on the floor. Next day I let Lilly out to play in the living room and one of the balloons was on her blanket and she started humping it lmao it looked so weird I wish I had a camera :p

So no more cute noises after she gets spayed? lol

Oh no! Does that mean my girl will stop doing it now that she is spayed? She used to honk quietly, sometimes louder when I pet her nose! She was spayed a week ago, but I don't want her to stop =(

Honking sounds are cute!!! Ringo is very chatty, he makes loud honking noises when he eats something he likes and very quiet honking when he grooms himself or just because he is happy. My other bunny doesn't make this sounds though. It might be because he was a rescued bunny and he got neutered when he was already an adult (maybe he's remembering some good times :wink)

Hahaha I love it they sound sooo cute. Lilly does it before she does a binky, when she's playing, pretty much just when she's really happy :) always makes me happy when she does it too :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back