Quick (yet important) question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
Hewo peeps i have a quick question.
I s it ok to give your bunnies lots of grass in their hutch? Mine hastheir food, their hay and I give them lots of grass and dandylions. Isthis an okay diet??

Wuv 4rm
Loz n ebs n fidget
xooxox
xXx

ooooooo ps My mum has booked fidget an appointment at the vets forfidgetto be neutered but hes only 12 weeks. The vets saidthey only have to be 8 weeks? :shock:

Didnt you say they had to be 6 months....... HELP IM ALL CONFUZZELED!!!

Have the testicles dropped? The surgeryis far more invasive if the testicles have not dropped, so I doubt thevet would recommend doing it too early.

Picked, fresh, lush, spring lawn grass can be fatal to rabbits andbegins to decay very quickly. If the rabbit is used togreens, dark leafy ones are best (such as dandelions) or a more matureorchard grass.

Pam N.

Thank you pam!Mum took Fidgetto the vets and they gave him all the medicine to make him gounconciuos and they found only one testical had dropped! So he's gunahave it done soon.

Ive also stoped ghiving them fresh grass as well.

thank you!

Wuv 4rm lauren

I would certainly look into choosing a differentvet. There is no reason to sedate a rabbit to see if it'stesticles have descended. This is something I have had tocheck for literally thousands of times when judging or registeringrabbits. Although bucks can pull the testicles back up,simply getting the rabbit to relax will usually "do the trick" and dropthe testicles. Bucks testicles should descend by 6 months ofage, although can drop much earlier.

Pam N.

pam's very right, are you sure your vet knows whathe/she's doing? Peppy's testicles dropped around 6 months, and trustme, you can see them if they're there. There's no reason to sedate thecreature because all you have to do is look.

Latest posts

Back