quick question... what do you think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be picking up my two new english angoras. The little buck will be 6 weeks and 2 days old and the doe will be 6 weeks and 4 days old. Should I keep these in the same cage for the first few weeks to help them adjust to their new home or keep them separated from the beginning?

If I had brought Neville and Luna home at the same time and they were of the same age like your babes, I would have kept them together in the same crate for a couple weeks. I think your babies will adapt better with their surroundings when they haveeach other to support one another.

Really excited for you! Have a safe trip!

K:)

Thank you! Thats what I think i'm going to do. Being separated from your siblings so young and in a new place has got to be frightening for a 6 week old! I think they will do well though. I am so excited! I can't wait to meet them. I am already in love with them from pictures. lol I have lots of work today setting up their cage.

LindseyG wrote:
Thank you! Thats what I think i'm going to do. Being separated from your siblings so young and in a new place has got to be frightening for a 6 week old! I think they will do well though. I am so excited! I can't wait to meet them. I am already in love with them from pictures. lol I have lots of work today setting up their cage.

Definitely a bit frightening for a 6 week old, but Neville did really good, and Luna knowing Neville is there is handling it all very well. Their breederdefinitely knew whatshe was doing. She had them acclimated for the separation and it truly showsher plan worked.We discussed what I was planning on doing and she really came through for me. Something I won't forget when I start my breeding program.

How could you NOT fall in love with those cuties. I think both of them will be such a positive step for your breeding program.

At least you have something to occupy your time before the little ones come home.

K:)

Watch them closely though. 6 week olds should bond okay but if they aren't from the same litter then I would definitely keep an eye out for any kind of disagreement or fighting. Also notice eating and drinking habits. We notice some of our babies are more dominant and will push other more submissive babies away from eating.

Thanks, I have a very large crock in there so plenty of room to share, hopefully they will share nicely if not then I will go ahead and put them in separate cages.

Latest posts

Back