Quick Question - Nudging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
My boy keeps walking up to me, nudging me, and then when I go to pet him he hops away? They have food and water

Normally a nudge is a sign of affection. He's looking for some love or attention.

As long as he's not being aggressive and trying to nip, there's nothing wrong with a nudge.

When he gets older, he'll probably start sitting still for pets after giving a nudge.

--Dawn

Finley does this too...but even after having her for over 3 years, she still hops away. She *has* to be in her sleeping spot....so she'll nudge us and then hop away, only to look at us like, "ok, I'm ready now. Come love me." Silly bunny.

Kirby nudges me when I have stopped petting him and he hasn't had enough.
Toby nudges me when I am in the way of something fun, like the couch or a pillow. He also nudges me to make me pay attention and look at him do something. Sometimes I think he thinks different parts of my body are different entities. He'll shove his whiskers in my face to make me look (especially if I am paying him no mind while watching tv on the couch), then nudge my legs to get a reaction out of me.

hahhaa I LOL'd at this thread.. latte and dumbo are always nudging me and my gf.. they live in our living room.. and have no cage (just a big litter box) so they are quite accustomed to us being around them. They nudge our feets a lot whenever it is in the way of something.. or if we've fallen asleep on the couch and have forgotten to feed them they will nudge our faces or jump on us...

Muffin nudges things that are in her way or to get attention. Benjamin nudges us on the ankles to give him treats, or to make us get off "his" rug. It shows they are comfortable with you and want to communicate something, which you can sometimes glean from the context.

Back