Quick Brush Recommendation (Rex)?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ams1786

Reaction score
Looking for a quick recommendation for a brush. I have a rex, I think purebred, but not exactly show quality. She doesn't have the undercoat though and she has VERY fine hair. I think she's molting, but it's very light compared to other rabbits I've seen - she's just a compulsive groomer and I'd like to keep her from ingesting anything. I've tried the wet hand trick but it didn't work, and a lint roller worked okay but not great and she HATES it. I'd like to purchase from Smith and Foster since I'm about to make a bulk purchase and I'm debating between the pumice brush and the pro slicker brush - I'm really afraid of using anything too severe since her skin's so exposed. Never bought a brush before so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've never had a rex, but I have a Holland lop (short, coarser hair) and a lionhead (really soft, fine hair, both short and long) and swear by my furminator (I have the one for long-haired cats under 10 lbs). it's AMAZING at rounding up rabbit hair and the nice thing about it is it has a money-back satisfaction guarantee - meaning if you try it and don't like it, you can get your money back.

I see that you already got a brush ams1786, but I highly recommend the Small Animal Furminator. It has a different blade than the regular Furminator. I have rexes and it works great.

Latest posts

Back