Questions.... Possibly pregnant bunnys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun02

Reaction score
My bunnys are possibly pregant there is two of them and they share a cage with another female who is sprayed, there cage is large and has a nest box and a bedding area attached... There is area to build two or possibly three nests do I need to separate all three or can I leave them together they all get along, and are bonded..

Also what should I expect
-behaviour wise
-food wise
-water wise
-baby wise (info about the Babies)

It's sometimes hard to tell if a doe is pregnant because they don't all get aggressive or change behavior. If one does kindle, I would separate mom and babies from the others. You don't really need to change what you're feeding until she kindled, then you need to increase the pellets. I've noticed that some of our pregnant does are more hungry than normal, and I may give them a little more at a feeding. Mainly, you just watch and wait. Why do you suspect they may be pregnant?

Last edited:
I tried to breed.... As I read that an un sprayed doe should be bred as her cancer chance is decreased when bred and I can't afford to get her sprayed

Count 28 days from when they were bred and then provide a nestbox and extra hay for them to make a nest. If they nest then chances are they're pregnant and should kindle between day 29-31. I would keep does/litters separate from each other because new mom's can be pretty protective.

I don't think the possibility of cancer is really decreased by one mating. The only way to be sure is to spay. Hopefully you can sell the babies and get enough money to spay them?

Back