Questions about some play activities

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
My babygirl Cotton isn't spayed, but she is spoiled rotten to the core, she has half of our house to roam around in (and re-arrange since she doesn't like when I put anything on her side of the couch ;)) One of the 'games' I play with her is I go to the living room welcome mat, she loves this spot and will race me to get there every time, she does the mating dance thing in circles around me, and it usually turns into her doing binkies in a circle around me, and then i walk really fast across the living room and she follows, then i turn around and go back to the mat and she races me. I assume this is just play, she begs me certain times of the day to do it and usually I do it till she gets kinda tired and doesn't follow me, to get her energy out. This is play behavior, right? when we go back and forth there's no grunting or circling, just when I first initiate the play.

The other thing is my boyfriend plays a cat-like game with her where he moves his hands around her face and rubs her chin quickly, when he does this she makes this soft grunt/oinking sound? she will chase after his fingers and he'll nuzzle her with his nose and then she'll lick his nose, so i'm assuming she takes this as a game too? Idk why I'm neurotic about this, I suppose it's because I'm not used to seeing her so energetic in a small area (well, unless she binks, but she'll do bink after bink in this game) and the oinking makes me wonder if that's hormonal or normal play behavior?

A play chase with Scamp and he's a neutered male :)

There maybe a hormonal element to it but some buns are more vocal than others to start with. It sounds like she's having fun :)

I agree it sounds like she is having fun. Usually they grunt when they are upset, but if she is licking his nose she can't be upset. I think it might be part of her game. Sounds really cute. You should try to get a video of her doing it.

I just want to say too I think it is great you play with her like this. It is so easy for rabbits to be overweight. And this is a great way to get her exercise. I need a game like this for my buns. They need more exercise.

Back