Questions about my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryleebee

Reaction score
My questions may seem a little naive but I'veonly been a bunny-mom since mother's day. I have an adorable little 3month old Dwarf X Dutch female that has become extremely attached tome. Whenever I sit down she won't leave my lap and loves to cuddle.This is just fine with me but lately she has stopped using her litterbox and is pooping on me, on the couch, all over the place! Also, acouple of questions about bunnies in heat. How old are the females whenthis happens for the 1st time, is it unusual for a female to getnipples if she isn't pregnant and ... my bunny keeps trying to mount myarm - is this strange? I'm asking the experts because I feel like I'vealready learnt alot just reading these forums.

Sounds like she's a teenager! My bun got reallyattached to me at that age, but she pooped on my hubby and the floor,not me. Her nipples became more prominant (I thought it was odd becauseI was convinced she was a male at the time, but I have a friend whosemale cat is like that) even though she's our only bun. Do you have anunneutered male, is that why you're worried about her being pregnant?

Mounting you isn't uncommon, either, although it is more common in males. She's showing you she likes you but she's the boss.:p

Rabbits don't go into heat. I don't breed so I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think they ovulate when they mate.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the reply, nature. I'm not concernedthat she might be pregnant because I've had her for a month now andthere haven't been any other bun's around. How did you get you bunny tostop pooping on your hubby and start using her litter box again? I'veadded some newspaper around her litter box but now she's just goingbeside the newspaper!! She is extremely spoiled and I think that mighthave something to do with her toilet habits. I think you're right, shedoes think she's the boss.

The only thing that stopped her was spaying her, which I had always planned on doing anyway.

Is the litterbox you're talking about inside or outside of the cage?She would use her in-cage litterbox sometimes, but never theout-of-cage litterbox. I would move it to where she was pottying andthen she would just go next to it and find another spot. When she wasout of her cage, all she wanted to do was mark her territory. Vinegaris great for cleaning.:p

Check out the Top Picks post at the top of the page. You can find somegood articles on litterbox training. Some, like my Mocha, just won'ttrain without being fixed. Others are more receptive to learning.

Latest posts

Back