Questions about my baby bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kookookachoo221

Reaction score
Hey everyone!,

My baby bunnies aredoing wonderful!!! I was just wondering, when do the baby buhnnies needto come out of the nestbox? When i walk out and look at thebunies they walk to the front of the cage and are like asking to comeout! lol, Yesterday the bunnies turned 3 weeks! They aregrowing up so fast!

kookoo

then i would think that they wouldnt need to bein the nest box anymore if they are 3 weeks.. but i've never had kitsbefore so someone will help as well

i would say to bring them out of the nest box -mine are 2 and a half weeks and wondering the cage alone all the time -although this does annoy the mum sometimes when she wants some peaceand quiet so i just either get her or the babies out!!! Hope thishelps, Leanne :)

Well right now i have one big cage that isseperated by wire so the mom can have one side and the dad can have theother! Are you suggesting that I take the babies out ofthenesting box and still keep the mom in there and wean thebabies? BEcause i do have a smaller cage but the babies feetim worried will fallrightthrough.

kookoo

no i think they should stay in with their mum fora good couple of weeks more but what i meant was that if you let themout of the nest box and they begin to annoy their mum by chasing herround the cage like mine do, take her out for a little while to giveher some rest ( only an hour or so). Mine have begun to wean themselvesalready by eating her food and drinking her water, Leanne

lol, this is her first succesfull litter! She hadone before but they were all stillborn:? I just dont thinkshe was ready. She is about 1 year old. And the momis a black and white mini lop and the boy is the same just brown andwhite!

kookoo

thats a really similar story to what happened tomine. Roxy's first litter was 5 stillborn and her second litter wassuccessful although i was dreading the same thing happening again. Whatare the kits doing now, Leanne :)

this is mine and camerons first litter, and wehad no still born, and i was celebrating, i was so afraid id walk inthere and find still borns.

The bunnies are doing fine! I walked tothe cage and found one of the babies in the momas food bowl! lol iguesse its warfm in there! lol

kookoo

Back