Questions about having a second rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few questions about maybe getting a friend for Dortmund

1) Would I need a second Litter Box
2) Petting them -- Do they have individual times they like being petted or would it be a constant battle for my available hands?
3) Skittishness - Dortmund hides under the bed 98% of the time. We lead separate but rarely overlapping lives. Is this just Dortmund's personality, and could I maybe get a more gregarious rabbit?

1) You will need a second litter box while trying to bond them, sometimes bonding won't go as planned. So it will help to have two set ups and if you can give back the other bunny if it dosen't work.

3) That's just his personality my own skittish bunny love sleeping behind my bed up on his blanket. Or sleep just behind my computer chair while I'm using my computer. He spend most of his time running away from me or just follow like a shadow with a social distance 😂

You can do bunny dates after covid-19 is over and see if you find a partner both you and drothmund will like. Sometimes getting a bunny that less skittish can help give the other bunny a safety.

Back