Questions about English Lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Okay, and I mean this in completely seriousness...

I was just browsing around on the different links in the Breeds section, happened upon one of my favorites (English lops), and these questions popped into my mind...

Do English Lops ever trip over their ears?

What's life for them like with ears that are so long?

Do they have a lot of problems with those ears?

I just love how their ears look like cute little blankies on each side of their head. They are truly one-of-a-kind in their breed! :D

the english lop is my passion breed, i love them. . .to answer your questions:

Do English Lops ever trip over their ears?

A: yes,from what i haveseen, herman did a lot as a baby, beforehe grew into his ears (or as much as any of them do),hewould crawl around instead of hopping when i frist got him, it was totally adorable. now, he is full grown really only has problems with them whenhe is going up and down the stairs,they tend to get in his way

What's life for them like with ears that are so long?

A: they are just like normal bunnies, he does binkies and bunny 500's, but does spend extra time cleaning (it takes time to make those ears perfect), but the only times i really see him acting differently is when he gets 1 of his ears flipped over on the wrong side, and can't get it back.

Do they have a lot of problems with those ears?

A: there are some problems and worries. right now herman is dealing with an ear infections, i know that it wasn't caused by his breed, but i know that because his ears drag on the floor, that it makes him more uncomfortable by the constant movement. you also have to be really carefull of their nails because they can scratch their ears really easily. also i had a lot of concern when bonding him to winnie because his ears were and easy target for bites. you also need to let them have a waterbottle so that their ears don't drag into the warter, or a crock that locks onto the cage wall so you can raise it up a few inches.

for all of the work that an english lop is, they are completely worth it. . .i love everything about them. . .

Oh, too cute...I can just picture baby Herman crawling in trying to avoid stepping on the ears. And getting one stuck on his back...CUTE!!

I love English Lops...but I think I'll wait a few years before attempting having one. I think I'd like to be completely comfortable with buns before taking on that challenge!!

:D

yeah, herman was a cute little crawler. . .doesn't do it very much anymore, i sure wish i had gotten it on camera . . .

and those ears, man, when they get both flipped over to one side. . .he hates it, if he is out running around he will dash up to me simply so i can put them back to normal!

100<WBR>_0672.jpg

[/url"]http://s19.photobucket.com<WBR>/albums/b197/katt2196/?action<WBR>=view&current=100_0088.flv<WBR>] [/url]

That&#39;s so cute...his ears are so long, they look like hair. :)

I love his color, too...very pretty...what is his color called?

Too cute...:D

yeah, my boy is cute. . .

his color is called an opal. . . i love the color, it is one of my fav. colors. . .

katie

Really beautiful color...looks like three different colors...like blue, a bit of chocolate/tan, gray, etc.

My husband said, "He&#39;s such a regal bunny!" and I said, "He sure is...Herman is a PERFECT name for him!"

:D

yeah, the opal color is really cool, i will have to take photos of the ring patterns in his fur tomorrow. . .it is neat. . .

his fur is a blueish-dove color that is tipped in fawn, he has a fawn triangle behind his neck and his tummy appears white, but has an undercolor of slate blue. . .

his first name was duty (his parents names are dignity and honesty, so the breeder named the whole litter similar to that- duty, justice, ect) but i personally hated that name, then it was Lyric. . .i love the name lyric, but it totally didn&#39;t fit him. . .i decided to pick a name that sound kinda like an old man. . .because when i hear the name winnie i think about this little old lady that use to shop at penney&#39;s when i worked there. . .she was in the store daily and was such a cute old lady. . . and so, herman just seemed to fit!

He&#39;s so beautiful...I love all those colors...what a beautiful mix! :D

I think I&#39;m in love...with a little boy named Herman...

:inlove:

Aw, Katt, Herman is such a handsome boy!!!:bunnyheart

I love the picture in your avatar when one of his ears are over Winnie, it looks like he&#39;s giving her a hug!:hug:

herman is currently 9 1/2pounds (was just weighed at the vet last week), i expect, once i get him back up to ideal body (as he had lost a lot of weight) that we will top the scales at 10 to 10 1/3 pounds. . .still a little skinny. . .

all in all. . .he isn&#39;t that big. . .:Dor at least he doesn&#39;t seem that big to me. . .but to everyone else he is huge. . .while at the vet she said, "yeah, lets see if he will reg. on the scale" and i just roled my eyes and was like "oh yeah, he will reg. on the scale" took him out of the carrier (as he was in a pet taxi carrer before) and she went "oh, that is a big bun!"

Haha!! I get the same comments about Flower! :D She&#39;s probably about 8 or 9lbs...people that haven&#39;t seen her in a while are always SHOCKED at how much she grew up from that tiny little baby she was when I brought her home. :)

That&#39;s my girl!! :D

katt wrote:
herman is currently 9 1/2pounds (was just weighed at the vet last week), i expect, once i get him back up to ideal body (as he had lost a lot of weight) that we will top the scales at 10 to 10 1/3 pounds. . .still a little skinny. . .

all in all. . .he isn&#39;t that big. . .:Dor at least he doesn&#39;t seem that big to me. . .but to everyone else he is huge. . .while at the vet she said, "yeah, lets see if he will reg. on the scale" and i just roled my eyes and was like "oh yeah, he will reg. on the scale" took him out of the carrier (as he was in a pet taxi carrer before) and she went "oh, that is a big bun!"

Latest posts

Back