Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashlyn1984

Reaction score
I had a surprise litter Sunday of 4 lionhead kits which our rabbits are all kept indoors. The babies are really adamant about wanting to be uncovered which keeps me busy throughout the day covering them up. Should I be worried and keep covering them or do you think they will be ok? They are in a nest in the cage, did move them to nest box yesterday but mom was not too thrilled and kept trying to dump it so I moved the nest back into the cage. Momma kept destroying it throughout the day yesterday and even twice when we went to bed. Was so glad to wake up to a rebuilt nest and 4 healthy round bellied active babies this morning.

They should be growing hair by now, and it isn't quite as critical they be covered when they're inside...just depends on the temp in the house. Once they get their first coat of hair it won't be as important.

They should be growing hair by now, and it isn't quite as critical they be covered when they're inside...just depends on the temp in the house. Once they get their first coat of hair it won't be as important.

Thank you. It kept me busy trying to keep them covered and no sooner I would cover them two would pop their heads up and move around and manage to uncover them all. I can't believe how much they have grown and changed since last Sunday.

Latest posts

Back