Question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbo1993

Reaction score
I was looking at this bunny adoption form and i found a bunny that was sooo cute! the only problem is that it is in CA and i am in LA. that is along ways away! my dad told me that you can fed ex the bunnies! is that true? that seems harsh. it can pick up desies on the way. and my family dose not have the money to take a plane over there much less drive there at $4.00 a gallion here. so is that true? can you fed ex a pet? that just seems bad! i am just wondering!

Here is FedEx's live animal policy:
Live Animals. FedEx will accept inbound and outbound live animal shipments on an exception basis only, via our Flying Tigers Air Cargo Service. FedEx does not accept live animal shipments as part of its regularly scheduled service. Live animals will be accepted when the shipment is coordinated and approved by the FedEx Live Animal Desk. Acceptable shipments include but are not limited to horses (from gateway to gateway locations only). Household pets, such as domestic cats and dogs, are not accepted. For more information, contact FedEx's Live Animal Desk at 1-800-405-9052.
They'll ship a horse but not a household pet???????

I hope i dont soun d silly but waht on earth does FedEx mean? :?

It means posting.. like packages. In the US they have a company called FedEx that sends things, they don't have the Royal Mail like us....

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
It means posting.. like packages. In the US they have a company called FedEx that sends things, they don't have the Royal Mail like us....

Exactly, but FedEx DOES ship/fly to the UK. :?

I can answer this really well - my bro inlaw worked for FedX until recently.

He was required to take safety training for packaged animals (SNAKES particularly) that are accepted through the general shipments. They do these things for business purposes. My mom gets crickets FedX for her frogs.

Horses - yes, they ship them because they can ship for a large fee, and send it on train or livestock hauler and "gateway" is to the destination center - they do not deliver them to the "home"....

golfdiva wrote:
I have had turtles "over-night-ed". (I think it was a different company than Fedx though). It costs about $80.00.

I've paid as little as $30 for mine and unlike they say... sometimes I'm not home when they arrive and they are just left on the front porch.

Are you a member of turtle times?

Leaf:

Yes, I'm a member of TT, but mostly I hang out at Kingsnake.com.They also have turtle forums. I think it's kinda funny. At Kingsnake, I often run into turtle owners who also have rabbits. Here I run into rabbit owners who also have turtles! lol!

They have a rabbit forum there too, but there isn't much action so I rarely go there.

Bo B:

I've done it twice. About 5 years ago I bought a box turtle from a breeder in Florida. She overnighted it to me. That one I think was about $30.00. And yes, they left it in the driveway, but I was home then, so I got her right away.

The second time was 2 years ago. I got 2 turtles from Forgotten Friends in Penn. The authorities near them just had a big animal cruelty/neglect raid and a bunch of reptiles were included. I adopted a big slider and a big cooter. They came together and that cost $80.00.

I wasn't home then, so I had them delivered to the school where I was teaching. The secretary called my room and said "ah...Deb? You got a package. I think you better come down and get it right away. It says they're LIVE reptiles!"

lol!

sqs683.jpg

pinksalamander wrote:

What's Royal Mail?

TK Bunnies wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:

What's Royal Mail?

When they decide to do they're jobs, they are a big mailing company lol :p they have been extremely slack lately though. They do shipping/traveling by air, etc.

Latest posts

Back