Question in regards to a baby rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashlyn1984

Reaction score
We had an unexpected litter of 4 lionheads born this past Sunday. One of the babies as of today seems to be a little skinnier than the others. Should I be worried? It is still pretty active and overall I think it is ok.

Following. One my my 2 day old newborns seems skinny too, but she's active and otherwise okay.

Following. One my my 2 day old newborns seems skinny too, but she's active and otherwise okay.

At least I am not the only dealing with babies right now. I replied to your post not too long ago.

It may just be a smaller kit. I always have one little one in the litters :) Make sure that it's getting as much milk as the others and isn't being left out at feeding time.

It may just be a smaller kit. I always have one little one in the litters :) Make sure that it's getting as much milk as the others and isn't being left out at feeding time.

Ok I will do that. I have a new issue of mom trying to destroy her nest when I tried to move her nest into a nest box. She tried to keep dumping it over. I moved her nest back into her cage where it was and she was not a happy momma. Kept destroying it and messing with the babies. I took her out and let her run around our bedroom and then held her and pet her and calmed her down. She is back in the cage and more calm. Will go back and look at her nest but at least for now things are calm. I am scared I am going to wake up tomorrow to no babies or that she will neglect them.

Back