Question for Pam!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
Hi Pam, I have a question concerning the snuffles!! My 9 week old lop flopsy has been sneezing just as described in therecent post i just read about colds! It seems chronic, he has been tothe vet but they did not prescribe anything!! Im going to make anotherappointment for him to be seen but meanwhile he is still sneezing quitea bit, you mentioned Vicks to help relieve symptoms !! I was wonderingwhere I would apply the Vicks on the rabbit?? and any other suggestionsto keep him comfortable while waiting on the vet??????

thanks Pam!!

Using a steam vaporizer with vicks in a smallroom can be helpful to relieve symptoms. A product call VetRxfor rabbits helps to relieve symtoms and can be dripped at the base ofthe nose.

Pam

Aww when bo had allergies to barn hay, he wouldsneeze and use his little paws to wipe his nose too :( It'sso sweet but so sad :(

Hi Pam! :dude:

My question comes to you as a question about a rabbit's breed rather than its health.

It's with regards to the Flemish Giant.

One of the things I love the most about Cali, Diva, Ben, and Murphy are their eyes.

It looks like God took a black eye-liner brush and gave them highlightsthat really compliment to the shape of their eyes. It's just a dash onthe upper and lower lid, but they're all perfectly placed.

Is that common in Flemish Giants, or do we have the most perfectly beautiful Flemish in the world here on this forum?

-Carolyn

It's common in the fawn color. Inbreeds such as Hollands, we refer to those as "smutty" fawns because oftheir ticking - they often have black eyelashes and blackwhiskers. Not all fawns do though.Somehave white eyelashes, whitewhiskers and are light around theeyes. The reason for the different appearances of fawns isdue to the different genotypes they can be and also the quantitativeeffects of certain genes.

Pam

Opps! Nevermind -- my memory is failingme. Although I have a picture of Cali in my mind as a fawn, Ijust looked at a post with her and she's a Sandy. Yes -- theSandy's do have pretty eyes :)

Pam

Just out of curiosity, would that go against heron the judging table? Not that I'd show her, but justcurious.
Here's a better picture of her - but it's still a bit hard to see.

Thanks, Pam.

-Carolyn

The Sandy standard faults very darkticking. They allow a slate blue under color on the belly,but prefer cream/white. The fact that less ticking is desiredand slate blue belly undercolor is faulted also tells us that the SandyFlemish is a recessive wideband chestnut like the Belgian Hare asopposed to other breed varieties such as the Chestnut Netherland Dwarfwhich desires the slate blue belly undercolor.

As for the "eyeliner" . . . that's normal and not faulted.

Pam

Pam, I had no idea Vet Rx was good for that!! Isit safe, or are there any possible side effects? could I use it on a 3lb. bunny?

I'm so excited! It would be awesome if it helped!

Rose

VetRx has been around for many years and is safeto use. It only helps to "relieve" symptoms and openbronchial passages, but is not a cure.

Pam

And my humble opinion,

I would give her two giant thumbs up for being woman enough to havefull cheeks (always a dead give-away of breakfast/lunch/dinnermunching) knowing full well her picture is going to be snapped :p

LOL

I LUV her Carolyn :)

Cher

Back