Question For NZ Members

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evey

Reaction score
Hi, RO New Zealand members!

My best friend is taking a trip to NZ soon and was wondering about some things to do/places to go while there. She is landing in Christ Church and taking a driving tour to North Island. She already knows that she wants to visit the filming location of the Lord of the Rings and possibly sky dive. Is there anything else she should definitely check out? I'm so excited for her :)

Thanks!

Kathy

Hello!
Um well theres lots of stuff she could do! If she's into lord of the rings, she could even come to nelson (where I am lol) to see the actual ring, Jens Hansen silver smiths house it. She could go to stonehurst farm and if shes tall enough, she might even be able to ride the white horse that Liv Tyler rode.

She could of course bungy jump, the places for that would be Queenstown, below Christchurch. I

If you know a basic route shes going, like coming from Chch (Christchurch) that could help us give you ideas. She could go up the coast (very scenic) via Kaikoura which does whale watching tours and then would land in Blenheim, so if she likes wine, then thats the place to be! she could go inland, again going through the lewis pass which is very scenic and she could stop off at Maruia springs, (natural hot pools) and come through Nelson. Nelson is quite a artsy town, things like Abel Tasman national park, which is BEAUTIFUL!

Either way, shes going to end up in Blenheim, so she can catch the ferry from Picton. The Ferry takes you through the Marlborough Sounds, very beautiful and tourists love it, might even see some Dolphins. She could do the Queen Charlotte walk if she wanted, takes you through all the little bays etc. Um tell me what she likes and some of her vague Itinerary, and I can get way more specific for you haha. Other wise, I'm going to end up writing pages of crap for you LOL.

oh oh oh oh!! wait wait wait!! i have a site that i made for a project last year.. its not done but yeah haha WAIT RIGHT THERE!

Okay i got it! its not done but it MIGHT help!

http://its-ournz.webs.com/index.htm

i made this site last year but anyhoo...

If your friend really likes you know like beaches and stuff and playing toboganing i'd rcomend the bay of island
Activities there: Sand Tobogganing, Swim with the dolphin, hole in a rock, 90mile beach, whale sighting, snorkeling.

Fiordland park is pretty cool i havent been there before but wow it looks AMAZING!

Rotorua is pretty cool too i like the sheepworld and the volcanic activities.

auckies is cool too haha the skytower and if ur friend lies an adventure... dare him/her to take a sky jump (dw its safe)

i hv to go now but i'll writ e more later.

Prisca

I hope this helped so far

Thank you both so much!

I'll ask her about a more specific route and let you know. I'm getting jealous--I want to go to New Zealand!

Kathy

I really want to visit NZ too! Prisca, your website only has 10, 9, 8 and 7 top things to do :? And a lot of your slang is our slang! :p It's really good though! :D Hope your friend has a great time Evey!

Latest posts

Back