Question!! Ears are warm and pink..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orions_girl16

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering..One of the fosterrabbits that I have- Gus , I just saw that his ears are pink in theinside and are pretty warm..Hollys are warm but have not changecolor..Whats wrong? Could they just be hot? I just opened one of mywindows just in case, since I had left them closed all day after about9:30 am.Do I need to get a cool rag and go over their ears?PLease someone help! If it helps any Gus is a Polish, so hesa little guy. Holly is a large Rex..Not sure if that helps with anyresponse!
-Michelle!

Oh! and they are both still eating and drinking!

What color are his ears normally?

I don't suggest opening the window. The temperature change so fast and sudden can really stress a rabbit out.

Is he itching his ears?

Any info you can provide will helps us help you.

Tina

What colours are they and what's the temperature inside like? Was Gus playing before you noticed how warm his ears were?

Hey there, Their usually white inside..Hes agray rabbit..hopefully that'll give you an idea..I'll see if I can finda pic. on my computer of him with his ears up. No their notitching..They were both laying down..not stretched out justhuddled/cuddleing together as they normally do. Their inside rabbits,always have been. In the house my mom thinks the temp. is probablyaround 69-70..Its a 2 story house and the buns and I are up on the 2ndfloor. Since it is a little hotter up here, thats another reason why Icracked the window a little, since I figured if its real hot to me andthey have fur then it may be a little hot for them too.

If he was active are excited his ears would be more pink. Don't worry unless they stay that way for a good while.

Ed

Sometimes if it's really cold I turn up a bit ofheat and sometimes my rabbit getsa hint of pink. She is graytoo, just a little lighter colour. From what I think, nothing to worryabout :)

Alrighty! I'm guessing it must ofbeentoo hot up here or something..I usuallyhave mywindow cracked some almost all the time this was the first time Ihadn't, and i have to keep the door close since one of the cats doesn'texactly see the rabbits as friends but moreasmeals..Since I had cracked my window a little bit ago to letsome cool air in and closed it their ears are nothot or pinkanymore..I'll def. keep an eye on em though with that the next few daysjust to make sure it doesn't happen or get worse...*whew*..I've neverhad that happen with them before so sorta panicked a little lol..Thanksyall for the replies!

Yup just keep it in mind, I wouldn't fret overit. Hmm maybe he could be tired also? I know with humans if you gettired, sometimes your ears turn pink? I don't know, just throwing outsome ideas ;)

I'm glad you figured it out.

If it is that warm in your room, is there anyway you can set upa small fan. Just to help keep the air moving and help them stay cool.Another idea might be adding a bit of crushed ice to their water bottleor bowl.

Bunnies are notorious for freaking us humans out.;)

Tina

Back