question about urine.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the other day while I was cleaning out Ashers and Vash's litter box, (2 young male rabbits) I finished emptying the litter and there was a bunch of dark orenge almost red urine goo in the bottom, I had just cleaned the litter box 2 days before. It was almost as though the urine had caramelized. is this normal? I have them eating timothy hey along with rabit pellets, and they have fresh water in a water bottle every 2 days, and thier litter is corn cob. I am just wondering if something is wrong with them because I know rabbits can have urine problems.

It sounds normal. Rabbit urine can vary in color, depending on what they eat, and it also changes color as it oxidizes. It can sometimes get kind of gooey and sticky as it dries. The kind of urine that you would need to be concerned about, is if it is thick and pasty, which is what bladder sludge is like.

Jbun is right... as a note, I recommend changing litter - corn cob stuff isn't good for them if they happen to ingest any ;)

Latest posts

Back