Question about the snuffles!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been rare occasions where humans havecontracted the pathogen (commonlyPasteurella)thatcaused the "cold/snuffles" symptoms in the rabbit. In thosecases, the Pasteurella was contracted through a bite wound.

It has not been documented that humans can contract illnesses caused byrabbit "snuffle" pathogens viaaerosol transmission.

Pam

Ok!! well I've been keeping an eye on him andhe's still eating very well and drinking lots but sneezes alot thedischarge is white though and not green!!! his fur is not matted but ihave noticed alittle discharge around the eyes but not toobad!! I was told it may be allergies to the hay!?? is thispossible ??

Irritants can cause cold-like symptoms.There's really no way to start narrowing the possible causes downwithout eliminating some possibilities through blood tests, andremoving possible irritants such as the hay.

Pam

I hope he doesn't have it because I've got 2other bunnies that are going to have it too because they all playtogether as well as groom each other!!!:(

Back