Question about raising wild kit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMija2

Reaction score
A friend of mine found a small rabbit....

How can she tell if it is wild or not?

How can she tell its age to know what to feed it?

What should she be feeding it if it is wild vs domestic?

How often should it be fed?

At what age is it weaned off milk?

At what age should it be released if wild?

Thanks so much :) - as you can see Ive never breed rabbits before lol.

Going to bump up a post I wrote because it's getting to be that time of year when people start finding babies.

:)

-Carolyn

Lil Mija , Its better to finda wildlife refuge to take ittoo they will keep itwild once you hand tamea wild animal it is very hardfor them to be released backinto the wild , worse will be therewill be no fear of humans , Asmall rabbit especialy a babywill bond to you rather than toits mother , call a wildlife scatuary and let themhandle it.

I agree, if the bunny is raised inside, you can't release it after, since it does not know how to protect itself in the wild.

Try contacting a wild life society or humane society.

Carolynn, whats the name of the post? I cant find it?

As far as the kit, I dont really know the person well,shessoemoneI met on a forum. Im pretty sure shewill be raising it regardlessit whether its wild or not,but... I think shes giving it milk now and im wondering if its not tooold already. That why I need to know at what age you stop feeding itetc etc..

Most important though is to know if it is wild or not, and I'mwondering about what the difference in markingsare, in orderto know if it is in fact wild or not. In the same aspect, if itsdomestic,I wouldnt want her releasing it into the wild andnot understanding the difference between a wild and domestic bunny.Most people dont know thier is a difference, or howto tell.

Hopefully,I can find that post :) Or if anyone knows answersto the questions, they can let me know soI can let her know.Thanks for the replies all :)

Latest posts

Back