Question about Orchard Hay and allergies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristineG23

Reaction score
hello, I had a Guinea pig and I was very allergic to him because he ate Timothy hay. I have heard that orchard hay is good because people with allergies are not as allergic to orchard. Is that true? I would not want to get a bunny and then find out I am allergic to orchard! Thank u

I have heard that too, but I don't know how true it is. I think the best thing to do is to buy some orchard hay and see how you react to it before you get a rabbit.

Lorelai from the Lennon the Bunny YouTube channel says she feeds Lennon orchard hay because she is allergic to timothy hay. I can't tell you from experience but I agree with Niomi that you could buy a bag of orchard hay and roll around in it for a while to see if you're allergic (kidding about that!). Or visit a bunny rescue and see how you react to the bunnies and their hay.

Lorelai from the Lennon the Bunny YouTube channel says she feeds Lennon orchard hay because she is allergic to timothy hay. I can't tell you from experience but I agree with Niomi that you could buy a bag of orchard hay and roll around in it for a while to see if you're allergic (kidding about that!). Or visit a bunny rescue and see how you react to the bunnies and their hay.
Ok thank you!!!

Back