Question about neutered boy bunnies 'bits'...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
We cleaned Munchkins bottom last night as he'd done some squishy poos that had got stuck to his tail and gone hard.

I was 'probing' further and found hardened poo in the 'bits' where histesticles were removed from (a couple of years ago). Thereissort of a slit either side of his anus that was filled with hardenedpoo and some gunky stuff so we cleaned it out with cotton buds andcooled boiled water.

Is this a problem for neutered boys? It must have felt uncomfortablethen better when we'd removed it, but he was quite embarrassed we pokedabout down there as he hid in his basket house for a while!!

Is this an area that needs to be cleaned out regularly??

Poor Munchkin!!

mummybunny xx

The slits at the sides of his anus are his scentglands. They get a build up of a waxy kind of stuff from timeto time - and cleaning them out every now and then is not a bad idea ifyou find he is particularly smelly or it fills up often.

;)

The area where his testicles were removed would be different from hisscent glands... and possibly very hidden by his fur.

_______
Nadia

If you were to wash the bunny in a bath would that area be cleaned too?

sthvtsh wrote:
If you were to wash the bunny in a bath would that area be cleaned too?
It would, but its usually not a good idea to give a bunny a bath. Mostare frightened of water. I learned this the hard way with my Basil. Ialmost killed him by giving him a bath when I first got him. He wentinto shock and almost died.

If you need to clean a bunny, its best to get a wet warm cloth and just wipe their bottom.

If I were to give him a bath it wouldn't be in water any higher than 3 inches. =P But if a cloth is better, I'll do that.

yeah, just a little water is fine. I used to dip Basil's butt in water and it was fine :)

Sorry for Hijacking this thread!

Back