question about my bunnys pellet mixture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anneliese

Reaction score
Hi
I have a big tub, filled with rabbit pellets mixture. There are lots ofnormal rabbit pellets, but last week I added some oats. Now he picksout the oats and leaves the pellets. How can I get him to eat thenormal pellets again? and if you say take out the oats, i cant becausei mixed it in with all the other nuts and pellets :?
Thanks,
Anneliese and Snowy Joey

Are there a lot of oats? Can he eathis fill of oats without ever touching a pellet? If so, Iwould suggest sifting the oats back out. I know, it takes along time. Also, did your pellets come with other stuff mixedin? Most of the other stuff is junk food and not good foryour bun.

I used to feed Mocha Kaytee Fiesta (my bad!). I got her toeat the pellets by limiting the amount I would put in herbowl. I would only give her a small amount at a time- like2-3 tablespoons. I wouldn't put more in unless she had mostof everything gone. BTW, Mocha is a Nethie, which I believeyour bun is also?

I put in 3 handfuls of oats in his food tub.There are heaps of pellets in it, and yes there are other nuts andseeds. So i should just buy the plain pellets with no other seeds andnuts mixed in?
Snowy Joey is a very small californian. I held a normal pellet out tohim, and he didnt eat it like he usually does, instead he rubbed hischin on it lol.

Yeah, just buy plain pellets. Switchhim over to it slowly, though. Mix some new food in with theold food and feed that for a while. Then increase the amountof new food in the mix and continue. Eventually he'll beeating only the new food.

Oats can be a good supplement or treat for younger buns. Someproblems have been reported in feeding them to older rabbits.I've been adding a very small amount of oats daily to Mocha's feed tohelp her gain weight. She got really skinny after her spayand wasn't gaining it back with just pellets, hay, andveggies.

Latest posts

Back