Question about lawn grasses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokomokola

Reaction score
So I am completely new to the world of bunnies, we don't have any yet but we're hoping to get a couple soon! I'm wanting them to be able to graze in our backyard sometimes and I want to make sure nothing is toxic for them. I think its all okay but I'm not sure about one plant we have. There's this stuff we have growing all over the yard that we call "onion grass", because it tastes like onions, but I looked up onion grass and I'm 99% certain that our plant is not true onion grass because it never has flowers. Either way, I haven't been able to find anything on it, whether it is toxic for bunnies or not. Anybody know?? Thanks so much!

Plants may not have flowers because they are too crowded or whatever. They surely would have flowers when grown under better conditions. But if it tastes like onions, it surely contains the chemical that onions do, so it can't be safely eaten by rabbits.

Ground ivy [aka creeping charlie] is the toxic plant that keeps most of my yard off limits. Also the presence of wild rabbits & racoons creates the risk of infections from them, parasites etc.

Latest posts

Back