Question about labor process for experienced breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Is is possible for a doe to start then stop labor...well, I suppose its possible but how common is it? I have an elop doe (this will be her second litter) who was due 3/13. That was day 32. She pulled fur twice yesterday and dug around her box...but no babies. Now shes laying around, eating some and drinking. I knowI can feel babies in her. I looked and nothing seems stuck and shs not straining. Im so confused...today is day 34. What should I do? Just leave her alone?

It really depends on the rabbit some does pull fur 1 week to 2 seconds before the babies are due they do it at diffrent times they really have no set "rules" for a doe who is going to kindle. I would just let her be for the time and just watch her if she goes beyond day 35 I would take her to the vet incase she has a stuck kit or some other problem.

I'll be curious to know what others have to say on this, I'm in the same predicament. Today is day 32 for my doe as well, she's pulled a little fur and yesterday I saw some blood in the cage, but no kits? She also doesn't seem to be in trouble, acting fine, no straining, eating and drinking well.

Day 35...she had 7 babies. One was DOA and a bit bruised so Im assuming that was what the hold up was about. Six fat little babies. Now if I can just get her to take care of them =( She kicked them out of the nestbox so she could have their bed...GAH!

well, we made a compromise. I take them to her twice a day so shes a part time mom,lol. She does alright. I cant complain =) Congrats on your babies as well.

Latest posts

Back